Thankfully I now have the mp-ki 1Gb working.
It wasn't too difficult.
But I was apprehensive about doing it.
And maybe I just got lucky.
Here's how I fixed it...
I put a screwdriver between the silver usb connecter and the back black casing and carefully prised the back off.
I then had to look for the board number which in my case I found by slightly peeling back the sticker that was underneath where the battery goes.
My board number was MP-482C MAIN V13
I then searched for the proper firmware for the board I had in my mp-ki.
4 firmware were supposed to be compatible for my mp-ki board but after trial and error I found the ron_482c_v13.7z worked the best as the other 3 were for fm players.
There is no guarantee the above firmware will work with your player
I only used it as there was nothing else I could do as my mp-ki 1Gb player was not working and the warranty would have been invalid by me updating the firmware from the mpman website
You should try and take a backup of your existing firmware before you make any changes to it.
Copyright © Hup2 2005.